Last change on
Should you have any questions and concerns regarding how we deal with the personal information provided by your side, please contact our Data Protection Officer email@example.com.
Protecting Your Personal Data
Meridianbet protects and keeps your personal information and data in accordance with the high standards of our company and with the applicable Data Protection laws. The applicable Data Protection laws define that we can only process your personal data when there is a legal basis for processing, including the “legitimate interest” proposed by our side. The legal basis for processing may be one of the following:
The Legitimate interests for processing your data is when we have a business or commercial reason to do so. Your personal data is protected on the same level as the data collected for regulatory reasons and any other legal basis, and we will not process it in a way that would be unfair to you or your interests.
Type of data we collect and process
The personal data we collect from you may include the following:
Where it is reasonable or required for us to do so and not damaging to your rights and freedoms, we also collect personal information and data from publicly available sources such as internet searches, public records, and broadcast media.
How we use your personal data
We will process your personal data for the following purposes and in accordance with the following lawful conditions:
If you choose not to provide your Personal Data or to withdraw the previously given consent it may prevent us from meeting legal obligations, fulfilling a contract, or performing services required to run your account. You may withdraw your consent at any time. Not providing your personal data may mean we are unable to provide you with products or services.
Updating your information
It is important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date in order for us to comply with our regulatory obligations and also to provide you with the best service possible. We therefore request that you ensure your personal data is up to data at all times.
The data you have provided to Meridianbet is kept for the period that you are our customer.
If you are no longer a customer of Meridianbet, we will keep your data for the minimum length of time required to comply with the applicable legal or regulatory obligations. Meridianbet will not retain the data beyond the AML/CFT requirements.
Personal Data shared with others
The personal information and data provided by your side is transferred for the purpose of our legitimate interest to the company Meridian Tech Ltd, which is a part of Meridian Group. The company Meridian Tech Ltd, further called “Data Processor” is registered under the number 08724636, with the address in Bulevar Mihajla Pupina 10b, Belgrade, Serbia. The data can only be shared to other companies of Meridian Group and with these other organisations:
Data Transfer Outside the EEA
We will only transfer your Personal Data outside of the EEA where alternatively:
- It is necessary for us to enter into a contract or fulfil a contract you have entered into with us
- To comply with a legal duty or obligation
- You have given your explicit consent for the transfer
- The transfer is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
- The transfer is necessary for important reasons of public interest
The transfer of your Personal Data outside of the EEA, is only done within our group or to our secure business partners. Meridianbet is taking all the required measures according to the applicable law to ensure the personal information and data is protected at the same level and at the same standards as it would be within the EEA by signing contracts with the recipient. The contracts with the recipients are made in accordance with contractual clauses for data transfers from data controllers in the EEA to data controllers or processors established outside EEA, made by EU Commission.
Your rights over your Personal Data
Please note that in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation you have the following rights in regards to Meridianbet handling your personal data:
• You may withdraw your previously given consent at any time; however, this will not invalidate any previously consented processing. Also, the withdrawal of the consent can result in closing your account if the withdrawal of the consent is not in accordance with the legal basis on which we are processing such data.
• Filing a complaint with any relevant Data Protection Authority
• Access to your Personal Data that we process
• Correction of any Personal Data that is incorrect or out of date
• Erasure of the Personal Data that we process
• Right to restrict processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances
• Right to transfer your data to a third party proposed by your side